Our popular cholesterol testing training course using point-of-care testing devices takes place in Southampton, covering Cholesterol, Diabetes and CVD Theory. A competency certificate is issued subject to passing the theory and practical assessment and is valid for three years. Students must bring their equipment with their testing strips (including all consumables). If you need equipment, we recommend the Mission Pro System.
New Training Dates
The next Fitech Cholesterol testing training courses will be on the following dates in Southampton;
Thursday 22nd September 2022 time: 12.00 - 16.00*
Thursday 17th November 2022 time: 12.00 - 16.00*
Covers Cholesterol, Diabetes and CVD Theory with competency assessment with certificate.
* dates are subject to minimum numbers
- Cardiovascular Disease
- What is Cholesterol
- Understanding lipoproteins- HDL, LDL, Triglycerides
- Demonstration and practical (demonstrate competency and best practice)
- Diabetes theory and management
Using the CardioChek PA/ Mission / Nesco
- Performance & Expectations
- Checking the Equipment
- Testing Protocols
- Conducting a finger stick test in an accurate and safe manner
- Clinical Waste Disposal
- Health and Safety
- Referring to GP’s where appropriate i.e. Signposting
- Providing lifestyle counselling and advice
- Software Implementation (where applicable)
- Q & A + Summary
£185 + vat per person
£300 + vat for two people
Onsite Training (up to 8 people)
On-site training £825 plus travel
MS Teams refresher training/revalidation
Ideal for a one-to-one refresher on how to use the equipment and conduct an assessment. Can also be used to revalidate if there are more than three years since the last training.
MS Teams training cost:
£65 + vat per session and one person. Additional £20 for each person up to a maximum of four people.
Half days, the device only and NHS health Check training options are also available.
Call us for more information on 0118 324 0061 or email email@example.com